Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Do you love the outdoors? Even though the Earth is a big place, every little bit you do to take care of it is important. Here are some ways you can help.
1. Clean up a creek, river or beach in your neighborhood.
2. Collect trash near your school, church, abandoned lot, etc.
3. Adopt a piece of the Earth, like a park or a street corner, and keep it clean.
4. Start a recycling program at your school to cut down on waste.
5. Have a Rummage sale at your home, church, school and donate the proceeds to a food bank, or building a park, planting trees, restocking a lake, etc.
Remember ask permission before you start any tasks or projects...........................
Friday, August 26, 2011
Monday, August 22, 2011
Wednesday, August 17, 2011
Disney’s Planet Challenge (DPC) is a project-based learning environmental
competition for classrooms across the United States. DPC teaches kids about
science and conservation while empowering them to make a positive
impact on their communities and planet.
Beginning this year, DPC will offer two tracks of competition:
the Elementary School track (Grades 3-5) and the
BRAND NEW Middle School track (Grades 6-8)!
Monday, August 1, 2011
After competing for over a month, the red team finally beat the other three teams to win the entire thing! It was made up of captain Mitchel Musso, Jake T. Austin, Zendaya, Doug Brochu, Davis Cleveland, Kelsey Chow, Carlon Jeffrey, and Dean Delannoit from Disney Channel Holland and Belgium. They played for the World Wildfire Fund, raising a total of $225,000! The blue team came in second, followed by yellow and then green.