Choose a Gas Grill
- They produce less pollutants and waste, burn cleaner, and are more energy efficient.
- Take it up a notch with a grill that uses natural gas, by far the cleanest fossil fuel
- Use reusable or biodegradable plates and utensils. If you can't find those, at least go for products made from 100 percent recycled materials. Remember that your biodegradable plates will need to be cleaned before going in the compost bin — ketchup, hamburger grease and other-non-veggie food matter doesn't compost.
- Fill up pitchers of water, homemade lemonade and iced tea instead of buying huge quantities of personal-sized beverage containers.
- Grill locally grown vegetables.
- Don't forget the little things. Choosing organic condiments, reusable napkins, e-vites, homemade decorations, etc.